My first touch to programming (and to computers) was when I was only nine years old, year 1994. I had an older programmer friend, who taught me the basics, and from there on I have spent uncountable hours programming and teaching myself more advanced languages and techniques. My most primary reason to learn programming was creating simulators of various types. I created my first simulator when I was eleven years old.
I have been working with unix-based servers from year 2000 when I set up an internet server for my personal use, and for the use of my friends. At the busiest times, there were about 30 users. The domain name for the server was kapsi.net, but more about Kapsi later.
In 2002, I started working as a part time programmer for Tentrio. My work there included programming mainly with PHP, MySQL, C++ and Java. After a short time I was responsible for their server and desktop administration as well.
Around the same time, I was one of the founders of the Kapsi Association. The founding agreement was actually signed at, and published from, my apartment. I worked at the association for several years in key positions. I was a member of the board from 2003 to 2004, and was elected, and acted, as the board chairman for the association from 2004 until 2006.
In 2006, I started working also for Dataforum Oy as a programmer.
Since 2008 I’ve been subcontracting in various companies — including F-Solutions Oy, Vaimo Finland Oy, Pepron Oy, Tosibox Oy, Fairchild Semiconductor, Elan IT Resource Oy, Dataforum Oy, Sentatel Oy, etc.
- 2007-2016 as Enterpriser/Owner at Sendanor
- Server administration: WWW, Email, DNS, etc
- 2012-2013 as System Administrator / Programmer at Elan IT Resource Oy for client Sentatel Oy
- 2012-2013 as IT Support Person (ATK-tukihenkilö) at The Finnish Defence Forces / National Defence University of Finland
- 2008-2012 as System Administrator at Elan IT Resource Oy for client Fairchild Semiconductor Oy
- 2006-2007 as Programmer at Dataforum Oy
- Programming: PHP, MySQL, C++
- Server administration: WWW, Email
- 2002-2007 as Technical Engineer at Tentrio Oy
- Programming: PHP, MySQL, C++, Java
- Server administration: WWW, Email, DNS, IRC, Shell, Firewall
Positions of trust
- 2011-2013 Board member of Vector-Suomen verkkopeliyhdistys Ry
- 2004-2006 Board chairman of Kapsi
- 2003-2006 Board member of Kapsi and the founder of it
Vector-Suomen verkkopeliyhdistys Ry is organizer of the Vectorama gaming happening.
Kapsi (Kapsi Internet-kayttajat ry) is a Finnish non-profit association that offers widespread Internet services for non-profit purposes.
Programming Languages & Tools
- Node.js (Expert)
- AngularJS (Expert)
- C++ (Expert)
- C (Expert)
- PHP (Expert)
- Perl (Expert)
- Shell scripting (Expert)
- Python (Good)
- Powershell (Good)
- LUA (Good)
- Turbo Pascal (Ancient experience)
- PostgreSQL (Expert)
- MySQL (Expert)
- Neo4j (Good)
- DOS (Good)
- Windows 95/98 (Good)
- Windows XP (Expert)
- Windows 7 (Expert)
- Generic Linux (Expert)
- Debian GNU/Linux (Expert)
- Red Hat Linux (Expert)
Network Environments & Tools
- TCP/IP (Expert)
- UDP/IP (Expert)
- Web – Apache (Expert)
- Web – Nginx (Expert)
- Mailserver – Exim (Expert)
- DNS-server – Bind (Expert)
- HTML (Expert)
- CSS (Expert)
- XML (Expert)
- AJAX (Expert)
- REST (Expert)
- Git (Expert)
- Subversion (Expert)
- CVS (Good)
In addition I am skilled in learning new platforms and technology when needed.
- Finnish: native
- English written and spoken: conversational
- Modern pentathlon
- Computer programming, security, administration
Available on request.